We based our flu searches on the 2019/20 EMIS equivalents as this was all that was available at the time of initial authoring). They in turn base them on the specification from PRIMIS. The searches are designed for call and recall of clinically eligible patients, and clinical eligibility is not always completely aligned with the business rules, which are obviously only about payment. Nonetheless, we have made several improvements to the standard EMIS searches to make them as useful as possible for practices:
1. School age auto-include rule removed (2-3 year olds remain)
2. Dates adjusted for 2020/21 where relevant
3. Rule added for patients with "needs influenza vaccination" 185903001 this season
4. Rule added for Learning Disability based on new guidance ref 001030
5. TIA rule added
6. Pregnancy rule swapped with Ardens version to minimise false positives
7. Care home rule refined
8. Immunosuppressed drugs options extended further to practice feedback
10. AF and IHD codes re-added to avoid SNOMED migration artefact
11. BMI value rule fixed - (EMIS omit the main ‘BMI’ code and just use those which are e.g. ‘Obese’. We have ensured that all patients with appropriate BMI correctly coded are included.
12. Asthma rule duplicated, once with new drug list and once with old drug list (from READ version)
13. Various codes added as were present in READ version and not SNOMED version.
14. Added rule for QOF registers for CHD, COPD, Diabetes or Stroke/TIA
15. Included coded COVID high risk (shielding) patients
16. Removed the following from existing rules: Thalassaemia trait, Pulmonary embolism, Floppy infant, Fatty liver / Steatosis of liver, Sinus Arrhythmia, Cardiac Arrest, Injury to Kidney, Sinus Bardycardia, Ventricular Ectopic Beats,
17. Added rule for employed by care home, nursing home, domiciliary care provider or “lives with immunocompromised person”
18. Removed 'Duration of stay' from pregnancy rule - this was a Snomed migration artefact.
If you require any further assistance on the process above, please contact Ardens support on: email@example.com