Additional Support Articles
Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS)
Investment and Impact Fund (IIF)
As of the 1st of October, new changes come into effect for a revised Network Contract DES (NCD). Practices will be auto-enrolled on to this revised DES if there are no changes to their PCN details.
Please note that NHS England updated their IIF guidance document on 1st October to include more detail around the requirements. Rather than delay releasing the resources we have built (based on the earlier guidance) we have decided to go ahead and release our searches and update them over the coming week. Whilst we are confident that our searches are accurate and clinically safe, they currently will not exactly match the new guidance published this morning. They will, however, allow practices and PCNs to make a start on this work.
The below is a summary of the Investment and Impact Fund (IIF) indicators:
Improving prevention and tackling health inequalities
- HI-01: Percentage of patients on the Learning Disability register aged 14 years or over who have received an annual LD health check and action plan (36 points).
- HI-02: Percentage of registered patients with ethnicity recorded (45 points).
- VI-01: Percentage of patients aged 65 years or over who have received a seasonal influenza vaccination between 1 September and 31 March (40 points).
- VI-02: Percentage of at-risk patients aged 18 to 64 years who have received a seasonal influenza vaccination between 1 September and 31 March (88 points).
- VI-03: Percentage of patients aged 2 or 3 on 31st August who have received a seasonal influenza vaccination between 1 September and 31 March (14 points).
- CVD-01: Percentage of patients aged 18 years or over not on QOF hypertension register on 30 Sep 2021 with BP > 140/90 recorded in the previous two years for whom there is evidence of clinically appropriate follow-up to confirm or exclude a diagnosis of hypertension (53 points).
- CVD-02: Percentage increase in number of patients on QOF hypertension register (27 points).
Support better patient outcomes in the community through proactive primary care
- PC-01: Percentage of patients referred to social prescribing (20 points).
- EHCH-01: Number of patients recorded as living in a care home as percentage of care home beds eligible to receive the Network Contract DES Enhanced Health in Care Homes service (18 points).
- EHCH-02: Percentage of care home residents with a Personalised Care and Support Plan (PCSP) agreed or reviewed (18 points).
- EHCH-03: Percentage of care home residents who have received a structured medication review (18 points).
- EHCH-04: Average number of patient contacts as part of weekly care home round per care home resident (13 points).
Support improved patient access to primary care services
- ACC-01: Confirmation that all practices in the PCN have mapped all active appointment slot types to the new national appointment categories (27 points).
- ACC-02: Number of online consultations per 1,000 registered patients (27 points).
- ACC-03: Analyse and discuss the implications of data on Type 1 A&E attendance rates for minor conditions with the local ICS, making a plan to reduce unnecessary attendance and admissions (56 points).
- ACC-04: Work collaboratively with local community pharmacy colleagues to increase referrals to the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (56 points).
- ACC-05: Make use of GP Patient Survey results for practices in the PCN to identify patient groups experiencing inequalities of access to general practice and develop and implement a plan to improve access for these patients (56 points)
Help create a more sustainable NHS
- ES-01: Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) prescriptions as a percentage of all non-salbutamol inhaler prescriptions issued on or after 1 October (27 points).
- ES-02: Mean carbon emissions per salbutamol inhaler prescribed on or after 1 October (27 points).